Bankhead After School Licensed Care Program Manager
The City of Kelowna is looking for a Manager for our Licensed Care After School Program at
Bankhead Elementary. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to join our team
at Bankhead and work with an amazing group of kids and passionate instructors.
The After School Licensed Care Program Manager will plan and implement quality child care
based on the philosophy and mandate set by the City of Kelowna and Licensing requirements.
This position will provide guidance, supervision, and programming that creates a safe, fun, and
nurturing environment for all children.
This position reports to and works under the supervision of the Community Recreation Coordinator. It is expected that the After School Licensed Care Program Manager will provide
leadership to a small team of contract instructors at the Bankhead site, and also to the children attending the program.
Note: this is a Contract position – the selected candidate will be hired as a Contract Instructor for the City of Kelowna. This contract is reviewed and renewed on a seasonal basis.
This position will be responsible for planning and delivering the program, scheduling staff,
working within Licensing requirements and managing subsidy, providing behavioural guidance, creating and implementing care plans, communicating with parents, and leading a
group of children hands-on in our school-aged program (K-12Y).
– Up to date First Aid/CPR certificate, with Emergency Child Care portion
– 20 hours of relevant training as a Responsible Adult – You must have completed a
course or combination of courses of at least 20 hours in duration in child development,
guidance, health and safety, or nutrition
– Required to complete a Criminal Record Check
– Mandatory Vaccine Policy – required to provide proof upon hire
– Available during required working hours for this position: Monday – Friday for afterschool care and during Spring Break and Summer Camps throughout the year
– Start January 2023
– Previous Licensed Care experience, or experience working with children
– Ability to independently lead groups of children aged 6Y-12Y
– Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and written and oral communications skills
– Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
– Effective problem-solving skills and ability to exercise sound judgement
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: After School: 12:00-6:00pm, plus 1-hour flexible prep/admin time (30-35 hours per
Location: Bankhead Elementary – Afterschool care classrooms & office
Wage: $21-23 per hour based on experience
Note: This is position is eligible for ECE wage enhancement of $4.00 per hour for ECE certified
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The subject of
your email must be the job title that you are applying for
Position: Bankhead After School Licensed Care Program Manager
Category: Responsible Adult
Location: 1280 Wilson Ave, Kelowna, BC