BGCO – Early Childhood Educator, Martin Avenue Daycare
Early Childhood Educator
Date Posted: November 14, 2022
Competition Number: 114-22/23
Locations: Kelowna, BC
BGC Okanagan is hiring an Early Childhood Educator to join our team of Early Years Professionals at our Martin Avenue location in downtown Kelowna.
We can provide:
• Flexibility and variety
• Paid professional development and recertification
• Fun, Safe, Inclusive and Positive Culture
• Cost shared benefit plan, paid vacation and sick time
• 15% child care discount
• Leadership Programs
• Community of Practice
• Early Childhood Educator Wage Enhancement (ECEWE)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement high quality programs that support and promote children’s physical, cognitive, emotional and social development.
• Identifies the abilities, interests and needs of children and develops individualized and group activities to inspire exploration, interaction, and play.
• Participates in program planning and reflective practice.
• Attends to the children’s physical needs that may include diapering, toileting, eating and sleeping.
• Administers first aid and medication in accordance with established policy.
• Ensures a healthy, safe and secure environment for children. Identifies and removes potential hazards.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships and open communication with co-workers and parents/guardians.
• Early Childhood Educator with current License to Practice
• Infant Toddler Certification an asset
• Successful completion of Agency screening process, including a criminal record check.
Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Rate of Pay: $22.22-23.67 per hour, this includes the ECE Wage Enhancement (based on government funding)
Cost shared benefit plan, paid vacation and sick time.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Please apply in writing with a cover letter and resume to:
As an equal opportunity employer, BGC Okanagan is committed to the prioritization of equitable and inclusive employment practices. Our goal is to be representative of the communities we serve, and we encourage applications from communities which are structurally marginalized based on race, disability, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, social or ethnic origin, gender identity and/or expression. If any candidate needs any accessibility support throughout the hiring process, we will accommodate such requests when made. You will only be considered for a position with BGC Okanagan if you’re legally entitled to work in Canada. Eligible applicants include: Canadian citizens, permanent residents and refugees in Canada with legal status.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Position: BGCO – Early Childhood Educator, Martin Avenue Daycare
Location: 1434 Graham Street