Boys & Girls Clubs – ECE
Early Childhood Educator
Date Posted: May 13, 2021
Competition Number: 151-21/22
Locations: Kelowna, BC (Cameron Park Daycare)
We are looking for an Early Childhood Educator to join our team at Cameron Park Daycare. This is a 25 hour position, with the potential to pick up extra hours in our Daycares and Preschools to combine to a full time position. We offer great benefits and professional development, making us an employer of choice!!
We can provide:
• Many opportunities for professional development
• Fun, positive work environment
• Benefit plan
• We offer a 15% discount offered to employee whose children are registered in our child care programs, including preschool, day care, and after school care programs. This discount will be offered to all Agency staff that work 20 hours a week or more, and have passed their probationary period.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement high quality programs that support and promote children’s physical, cognitive, emotional and social development.
• Identifies the abilities, interests and needs of children and develops individualized and group activities to inspire exploration, interaction, and play.
• Participates in program planning and reflective practice.
• Attends to the children’s physical needs that may include diapering, toileting, eating and sleeping.
• Administers first aid and medication in accordance with established policy.
• Ensures a healthy, safe and secure environment for children. Identifies and removes potential hazards.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships and open communication with co-workers and parents/guardians.
• Early Childhood Educator with current License to Practice
• Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
• Successful completion of Agency screening process, including a criminal record check
This position is open to all applicants
This position requires Union membership
Hours: 25 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 11:30am-5:00pm, extra hours available.
Rate of Pay: $17.17 per hour
(Eligible for the $2.00 ECE Wage Enhancement based on government funding)
Closing Date: Open until filled
Please apply in writing with a cover letter and resume to:
Name: Shasta Scott, Human Resources Coordinator
BGCO is an equity employer and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to a diverse and inclusive staff team.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Position: Boys & Girls Clubs – ECE
Location: 2337 Richter Street, Kelowna