Westbank First Nation – Early Childhood Educator Assistant (Term)
Who We Are
Located within the traditional unceded territory of the syilx people, Westbank First Nation (WFN) is a progressive and prosperous self-governing First Nation. WFN is dedicated to promoting a healthy and prosperous future to ensure its continued existence as a strong political, social and cultural community.
Westbank First Nation values Equality, Honesty and Fairness, Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Transparency, Sustainability, Understanding, Confidentiality and Efficiency.
About this Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager of Westbank Child Development Centre (WCDC), the Early Childhood Educator Assistant will provide education and development services to children ages 0-5. The Early Childhood Educator Assistant will be part of the Community Services Team, and will work specifically in WCDC.
Want to know more? You will…
• Assist in the delivery of excellent curriculum-based programing for the children that promotes Okanagan culture and language, school readiness, health & nutrition, and social support (connecting families with resources within the WFN community)
• Keep records as pertinent to the program i.e. Attendance, Incidence, Fire Drill, etc.
• Follow policies and procedures as outlined by the Ministry in accordance with licensing policies and WCDC policies
• Prepare and provide nutritious snacks for the children
• Promote health and hygiene, to prevent the spread of illness, by following best practices for hand washing, diapering, food preparation and by implementing regular cleaning routines (sanitization of toys, kitchen, and other surfaces)
• Communicate with the parent and provides written and oral communication regarding all incidences both positive and negative
• BC License to practice as an Early Childhood Educator Assistant
• Valid First Aid with CPR Level B
• Valid Food Safe Certificate (preferred)
• Previous experience working with children ages 0-5
• Previous experience working with a First Nation Community & Families considered an asset
• Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search results acceptable to WFN
• Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
• Evidence of level of compliance with the BC provincial immunization and tuberculosis control program required by licensing
Minimum annual salary: $44,528
This is a one year term.
To review the full job description and to learn more about Westbank First Nation please visit our website at https://www.wfn.ca.
All applications must be submitted through our Employment Opportunities page. Ensure you attach your cover letter and resume. Incomplete or late submissions will not be accepted.Application Dates: 08/11/2023 - 08/27/2023
Position: Westbank First Nation – Early Childhood Educator Assistant (Term)
Location: West Kelowna, BC