Kelowna Christian School – Preschool Teacher
PRESCHOOL Early Childhood Educator/Assistant
Permanent Part Time (0.75 FTE *)
Kelowna Christian School is an independent evangelical Christian school seeking enthusiastic and qualified candidates to fulfill a part-time* EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR position in its preschool beginning August 31, 2020.
QUALIFICATIONS: Preferred candidates will have:
• License to practice in BC as an Early Childhood Educator (ECE) or Early Childhood Educator Assistant (ECE-A), and a solid understanding of BC Child Care Requirements.
• 0 – 3 + years experience working in a licensed group Child Care facility.
• Specialized training/experience in related early learning.
• High level of energy and creativity; strong organization, verbal and listening skills.
• Desire to guide and nurture the academic, social/emotional, physical and spiritual development of young children though modelling a relationship with God.
• Current Emergency First Aid and CPR – Child Care.
• Satisfactory Criminal Required Check and Medical Clearance.
• Ability to be physically active and responsive to children’s physical needs as required.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborates with the Preschool Director and ECE peers to develop and implement care and early learning program plans aligned with the preschool philosophy and curriculum.
• Develops and implements related care and early learning activities specifically targeted to fulfill annual program plans and goals.
• Nurtures the growth and development of each child with care, compassion and understanding.
• Demonstrates appropriate behaviour, grace and courtesies with children, parents and KCS staff; role models joy and a positive attitude in relation to learning and care.
• Ensures program policies and procedures are consistently followed including those, but not limited to supervision, child discipline, health & safety, and administration.
• Partners with the Preschool Director and ECE peers to ensure compliance with all licensing and public health & safety requirements.
• Cleans and disinfects program toys and equipment according to program policies.
• Participates in team and program meetings as required, as well as ongoing professional development as requested/required by the Preschool Director or Elementary Vice Principal.
This part-time position of 28.0 hours per week (0.75 FTE) is scheduled to work at our elementary campus located at 3285 Gordon Drive:
• Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
• Tuesday & Thursday: 8:00 am – 11:30 am.
* NOTE: additional hours may be available to those candidates interested in working in our Club Judah after school program when school is in session.
The wage range for this position is $21.41 – $25.68 per hour (including the BC’s $2 per hour ECE Wage Enhancement). Actual wage is dependent upon candidate’s training, skills and experience. Kelowna Christian School offers a comprehensive employee benefits plan, including extended health & dental as well as Group RRSP matching contribution plan.
Electronic submission of applications including a resume, letters of professional and personal reference, and other supporting documents should be sent to the attention of Brad Martens, Elementary Vice Principal at email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday, August 21, 2020; open until filled.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Being a Christian school, all applicants should prepare to provide a personal statement of their understanding of the Christian faith.Application Dates: 07/17/2020 - 08/21/2020
Position: Kelowna Christian School – Preschool Teacher
Category: ECE, ECE-A
Location: 3285 Gordon Drive, Kelowna, BC V1W 3N4