Okanagan Boys & Girls Clubs ECE
Early Childhood Educator
Date Posted: July 24, 2020
Competition Number: 033-20/21
Locations: West Kelowna & Kelowna
Boys and Girls Clubs of the Okanagan are looking for relief on call Early Childhood Educators to join our team.
We can provide:
• Many opportunities for professional development
• Fun, positive work environment
• We offer a 15% discount offered to employee whose children are registered in our child care programs, including preschool, day care, and after school care programs. This discount will be offered to all Agency staff that work 20 hours a week or more, and have passed their probationary period.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement high quality programs that support and promote children’s physical, cognitive, emotional and social development.
• Identifies the abilities, interests and needs of children and develops individualized and group activities to inspire exploration, interaction, and play.
• Participates in program planning and reflective practice.
• Attends to the children’s physical needs that may include diapering, toileting, eating and sleeping.
• Administers first aid and medication in accordance with established policy.
• Ensures a healthy, safe and secure environment for children. Identifies and removes potential hazards.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships and open communication with co-workers and parents/guardians.
• Early Childhood Educator with current License to Practice
• Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
• Successful completion of Agency screening process, including a criminal record check
Hours: On call relief
Rate of Pay: $16.83 per hour
(Eligible for the ECE Wage Enhancement of $1.00 per hour based on government funding)
Closing Date: Open until filled
Please apply in writing with a cover letter and resume to:
Name: Shasta Scott, Human Resources Coordinator
Boys and Girls Clubs of the Okanagan is an equity employer and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to a diverse and inclusive staff team.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Application Dates: 07/24/2020 -
Position: Okanagan Boys & Girls Clubs ECE
Location: Kelowna & West Kelowna