Kelowna Christian Preschool Teacher – Early Childhood Educator
Located in the sunny Okanagan Valley, Kelowna Christian School is the largest independent Christian school in the city of Kelowna, British Columbia, educating approximately 850 students from preschool to grade 12 on two campuses. Founded in 1978, Kelowna Christian School exists to educate, equip and inspire our school community to become disciples of Jesus who love and serve God and others. Now entering its 43rd anniversary, Kelowna Christian School is at an exciting time in its history having recently entered a period of significant growth and a vision to be a Christ-like community passionately transforming our world.
We are looking for dynamic, collaborative BC certified educators who demonstrate a commitment towards Christian Education, the ability to deliver curriculum content in an innovative manner that fully engages students in learning, and act as personal models to deepen students’ understanding of a Biblical worldview and relationship with God.
We are currently accepting applications for the following:
PRESCHOOL TEACHER – Early Childhood Educator Permanent Full Time (1.00 FTE)
QUALIFICATIONS: Preferred candidates will have:
• License to practice in BC as an Early Childhood Educator (ECE).
• Experience working in a licensed group Child Care facility and/or teaching Preschool.
• Specialized training/experience in related early learning.
• High level of energy and creativity; strong organization, verbal and listening skills.
• Desire to guide and nurture the academic, social/emotional, physical and spiritual development of young children through modelling a relationship with God.
• Current Emergency First Aid and CPR – Child Care.
• Satisfactory Criminal Required Check and Medical Clearance.
• Ability to be physically active and responsive to children’s physical needs as required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborates with the Preschool Director and ECE peers to develop and implement care and early learning program plans aligned with the preschool philosophy and curriculum.
• Implements related care and early learning activities specifically targeted to fulfill annual Preschool program plans and goals.
• Nurtures the growth and development of each child with care, compassion and understanding.
• Demonstrates appropriate behaviour, grace and courtesies with children, parents and KCS staff; role models joy and a positive attitude in relation to learning and care.
• Ensures Preschool program policies and procedures are consistently followed including those, but not limited to supervision, child discipline, health & safety, and administration.
• Partners with the Preschool Director and ECE peers to ensure compliance with all licensing and public health & safety requirements.
• Cleans and disinfects program toys and equipment according to program policies.
• Participates in team and program meetings as required, as well as ongoing professional development as requested/required by the Preschool Director or Elementary Vice Principal.
Beginning the 2021-22 school year, this full-time position is scheduled to work each weekday, Monday to Friday from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, at our elementary campus located at 3285 Gordon Drive.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The wage range for this position is $21.80 – $26.15 per hour (including the BC’s $2 per hour ECE Wage Enhancement). Actual wage is dependent upon candidate’s training, skills and experience.
Kelowna Christian School offers a comprehensive employee benefits plan, including extended health & dental, paid sick leave, Group RRSP matching contribution plan, as well as paid education and professional development opportunities.
Electronic submission of applications including a resume, letters of professional and personal reference, and other supporting documents should be sent to:
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be received until position is filled.
START DATE: August 30, 2021
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.Application Dates: 02/11/2021 - 08/27/2021
Position: Kelowna Christian Preschool Teacher – Early Childhood Educator
Location: 3285 Gordon Drive, Kelowna, BC V1W 3N4