YMCA Preschool Teacher
Are you an energetic, personable, and resourceful person who has a genuine desire to help others?
Do you want to be part of a dedicated team that provides best-in-class care and programming for families in the Okanagan?
Do you want to collaborate to achieve an educational, nurturing, and safe environment for children?
If the following sounds like a good day at work, then this job might be for you!
• The Preschool Teacher is an Early Childhood Educator who delivers high quality YMCA Playing to Learn programs for children ages 2 to 5 years, and instills the Y’s core values of caring, respect, responsibility and honesty.
• Support and deal with sensitive member family experiences and situations, children’s behaviors
• Actively participate in programs with children, while being able to coordinate care and meet the demands of staff, children, and families
• Establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships
• Actively ensure licensing standards and safety standards are maintained for all childcare settings and outings
• Execute behaviour care plans, utilizing a child-centered approach by engaging parents and educators and other YMCA staff
• Actively participate and promote philanthropy through YMCA Association initiatives, including the Strong Kids Campaign and other events (i.e. Healthy Kids Day)
We’d love to hear with people with:
• Early Childhood Educator Certificate
• Current First Aid certificate
• Must be 19 years of age (as per provincial licensing standards)
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working with children in a childcare or preschool setting
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Early Childhood Educator
The YMCA’s Commitment to Trust, Safety and Equality:
As part of a trusted charitable organization, you can expect to receive excellent services and safety training throughout your YMCA career. As the first step in your journey, you will be required to:
• Provide 3 references of a professional in nature (e.g. Employer, Supervisor or Colleague)
• Provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date. The YMCA will provide applicable instructions and paperwork.
The YMCA of Okanagan is an equity employer and encourages applications from all individuals who may contribute to the diversity of our workplace. This includes persons with diverse abilities, all persons of color including Black and Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit), and people of all sexual orientations and genders.
For more details or to apply online with resume and cover letter please visit: https://ymcaokanagan.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=20
Position: YMCA Preschool Teacher
Location: YMCA of Okanagan