YMCA Coordinator – Child Care Administration
Does working as part of a dynamic and growing child care team that provides a caring, safe, and fun environment for all children and families appeal to you?
Do you want to be part of a fun, positive working environment?
Are you able to prioritize, multi-task and take initiative while providing superior customer service to our members?
Are you excited by the YMCA’s child care growth plan that currently serves over 500 families and is on target to serve up to 900 families by building and opening several child care centers over the next few years?
If the following sounds like a good day at work, then this job might be for you!
Reporting directly to the Manager of Child Care Programs, the Coordinator – Child Care Administration is a key team member in the Child Care division at Pandosy Street Y, and will:
– Be responsible for administering and receiving revenue close to $4 million for 13 sites.
– Manage ongoing annual/monthly govt changes to subsidies i.e., payments, refunds, monitoring.
– Build and maintain efficient childcare registration systems and processes.
– Provide efficient and effective data entry, bookkeeping, clerical, and administrative work relating to the registration and accounting systems in accordance with the approved standards and guidelines.
– Ensure accurate billing, fulfillment of waitlists and transportation requests efficiently.
– Work independently and alongside another Coordinator as the day-to-day liaison between the Association and childcare, with the ability to make sound judgements and decisions.
– Provide timely and efficient customer service through phone calls, email, and online inquiries.
We’d love to hear with people with:
– Higher business knowledge or specialized skills acquired, specifically in the areas of office administration, data entry, and/or client registration/management software and 3-year experience in administration and customer service.
– Strong and proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office tools.
– Demonstrated ability to multitask and exhibit superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
– Moderate bookkeeping, ledger and accounting knowledge and experience is considered an asset.
Working knowledge of customer service software such as EZ Care is considered an asset.
– Commitment to Mission, Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values of the YMCA of Okanagan.
– Service Orientated: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s YMCA experience. Creates action plans to resolve any service gap areas.
– Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interactions, listens attentively and communicates effectively to create an open communication environment. Share information, best practices, and resources with colleagues.
The YMCA’s Commitment to Trust, Safety and Equality:
As part of a trusted charitable organization, you can expect to receive excellent services and safety training throughout your YMCA career. As the first step in your journey, you will be required to:
– Provide 3 references of a professional in nature (e.g., Employer, Supervisor or Colleague)
– Provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date. The YMCA will provide applicable instructions and paperwork.
The YMCA of Okanagan is an equity employer and encourages applications from all individuals who may contribute to the diversity of our workplace. This includes persons with diverse abilities, all persons of color including Black and Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit), and people of all sexual orientations and genders.
For more details and to apply online with resume and cover letter please visit: https://ymcaokanagan.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=84
Interviews will commence upon resume submission – Application deadline, no later than May 12, 2021.Application Dates: 04/28/2021 - 05/12/2021
Position: YMCA Coordinator – Child Care Administration
Location: 201-2949 Pandosy St.