YMCA – Early Years Supervisor, Child Care
Working at the YMCA means you are part of a fun, positive working environment. At the YMCA, people are our greatest asset. We provide professional development opportunities, free trainings, and opportunities for growth and promotion.
Reporting to the Child Care Manager, the Early Years Supervisor works collaboratively to oversee and monitor licensed Child Care Programs in the Okanagan. The Supervisor position, working closely with the Manager, provides ongoing support to onsite employees, practicum students, and volunteers. This position works partially in and out of ratio to support the children and administrative needs of the programs.
The Early Years Supervisor provides guidance, coaching, and feedback to staff during program times. The Supervisor assists the Child Care Manager to support and connect with families, care for children, and focus on the development of staff. The responsibilities of this role include providing staff coverage for documentations, breaks, illness, and vacation time.
The Child Care team is dynamic, supportive, and growing! Already the YMCA’s across Canada are the largest provider of care in our country and here locally we expanding too. The YMCA of Southern Interior BC has a child care growth plan that currently operates 13 child care locations, serves over 500 families and is on target to serve up to 900 families by building and opening several more child care centers over the next few years. Are you passionate about the development, wellbeing, and education of children of all ages and do you feel that you can provide leadership and support to multiple programs, educators, and professional staff in the areas of Early Years and School Aged Child Care? If you find this exciting, then we want to hear from you!
If the following sounds like a good day at work, then this job might be for you!
– Executes and evaluates the YMCA trademarked curriculum standards as well as delivering all educational requirements of Playing to Learn™ and A Place to Connect™ curriculum.
– Actively participates in programs with children as needed, while being able to coordinate operations and meet the demands of staff, children, and families.
– Establishes and maintains positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships.
– Actively ensures licensing standards and safety standards are maintained for all child care settings and outings.
– Collaborates with Managers, Supervisors and educators regarding programming and child-centered plans.
– Participates in YMCA of Southern Interior BC philanthropic opportunities through volunteerism initiatives.
We’d love to hear from people with:
– Current Early Childhood Education and Infant Toddler or Special Needs certification
– Valid BC ECE License to Practice
– A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership skills
– Must have current First Aid Certification – CPR C or willingness to obtain
– Drivers License is required (mileage is compensated) and Class 4 license is considered an asset
– Commitment to Mission, Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values of the YMCA of Southern Interior BC.
– Service Orientated: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s YMCA experience. Creates action plans to resolve any service gap areas.
– Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interactions, listens attentively, and communicates effectively to create an open communication environment. Share information, best practices, and resources with colleagues.
The YMCA’s Commitment to Trust, Safety and Equality:
As part of a trusted charitable organization, you can expect to receive excellent services and safety training throughout your YMCA career. As the first step in your journey, you will be required to:
– Provide 3 references of a professional nature (Ex. employer, supervisor, colleague, teacher, coach, etc.)
– Provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date. The YMCA will provide applicable instructions and paperwork.
The YMCA of Southern Interior BC is an equity employer and encourages applications from all individuals who may contribute to the diversity of our workplace. This includes persons with diverse abilities, persons of color and ethnicity, Indigenous persons (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit), and people of all sexual orientations and genders.
If your application results in OR you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or religious exemption.
Position: YMCA – Early Years Supervisor, Child Care
Location: 1650 Gallagher Rd, Kelowna, BC V1P 1G7