YMCA – Is Play Your Favorite Way of Learning?
Are you looking for a career that will provide growth and advancement? The YMCA of Okanagan participates in the BC Wage Enhancement program.
Do you want to be part of a dedicated team that provides best-in-class care and programming for families in the Okanagan?
Would you like to gain hands-on work experience while continuing your education and skill building?
Do you want to collaborate to achieve an educational, nurturing, and safe environment for children?
If the following sounds like a good day at work, then this job might be for you!
– Plan, implement, lead, and evaluate specific expectations of curriculum to ensure YMCA Playing To Learn curriculum is maintained
– Guide, coach, and provide feedback to educators during program times
– Support and deal with sensitive member family experiences and situations, children’s behaviors
– Actively participate in programs with children, while being able to coordinate care and meet the demands of staff, children, and families
– Establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships
– Actively ensure licensing standards and safety standards are maintained for all child care settings and outings
– Monitor and support children with difficult behaviors and coach staff accordingly
– Actively participate and promote philanthropy through YMCA Association initiatives, including the Strong Kids Campaign and other events (i.e. Healthy Kids Day)
– Execute behaviour care plans, utilizing a child-centered approach by engaging parents and educators and other YMCA staff
– Assist with the development of staff
Position: YMCA – Is Play Your Favorite Way of Learning?
Location: 375 Hartman Rd.