YMCA Manager, Child Care Programs
Are you an energetic, personable, and resourceful person who has a genuine desire to help others?
Do you have superior interpersonal skills and excel in a fast-paced, challenging work environment?
Does working as part of a dynamic and growing Childcare team that provides a caring, safe and fun environment for all children, from infant to adolescent appeal to you? Are you excited by the YMCA’s child care growth plan that currently serves over 500 families and is on target to serve up to 900 families by building and opening several child care centers over the next 2 years?
Are you passionate about Children of all ages and do you feel that you can provide leadership and support to multiple site locations, educators and professional staff in the areas of Early Years and School Aged Child Care?
Are you seeking a role where you can be provide safe and fun environment for others, while demonstrating the Y’s core values of caring, respect, responsibility, honesty and inclusiveness?
If the following sounds like a good day at work, then this job might be for you!
• The Child Care Manager oversees and ensures smooth day-to-day departmental operations and provides effective leadership, creating a positive work environment where employees feel empowered, valued and excited
• Provide management and leadership to a variety of licensed child care programs (e.g. Preschool, infant-toddler care, 3-5 care, before and after school care, summer camp etc.) in adherence with applicable YMCA policy and procedures, licensing regulations, legal requirements, and YMCA curriculum standards.
• Supports the implementation of Child Care programs and services to meet the commitments and targets set in the Association’s annual operating plan; entails the creation and management of program budgets, and other special projects, while ensuring all programs operate at maximum capacity.
• Provides leadership, training, and direction to Child Care employees and volunteers, to ensure the various YMCA curriculums, and best practices are consistently maintained in the programs to support children’s development and learning.
• Directly communicates with families and coaches supervisors and employees to resolve problems and negotiate solutions with families, as well as employee issues.
• Works independently, making decisions and executing work with minimal support, in an environment with many urgent and competing priorities.
• Participates in YMCA of Okanagan community initiatives such as; Strong Kids Campaign, Healthy Kids Day, etc.
We’d love to hear from people with:
• Minimum 3 years of experience in people management in either licensed child care, child development, or a community/social services program that also includes budgetary/fiscal management.
• Post-secondary education related to Social Sciences and/or in Early Childhood Education. Infant Toddler certification is considered an asset or willingness to obtain.
• Must have current First Aid Certification – CPR-C or willingness to obtain
• Upon request provide 3 professional references
• Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search. The YMCA will provide applicable instructions and paperwork
Commitment to Mission, Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of YMCA of Okanagan.
Service Attitude: Identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority and responds in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s Y experience.
Please apply online via with cover letter and resume via https://ymcaokanagan.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Attention: Danielle Miranda – General Manager, Child Care email@example.com
Position: YMCA Manager, Child Care Programs
Location: 375 Hartman Road