YMCA – Manager, Child Care
Working at the YMCA means you are part of a fun, positive working environment. At the YMCA, people are our greatest asset. We provide professional development opportunities, free trainings, and opportunities for growth and promotion.
The YMCA Child Care division is looking for a manager with high leadership and supervision skills. This individual excels at multi-tasking, taking initiative while balancing competing demands, and provides superior service to our children and families. Someone who is flexible and who can adapt during growth opportunities would feel successful in this role. This position works partially in and out of ratio to support the staff, children, and administrative needs of the programs. Working with the Early Years Supervisor to provide staff coverage for documentations, breaks, illness, and vacation time.
The Child Care team is dynamic, supportive, and growing! Already the YMCA’s across Canada are the largest provider of care in our country and here locally we expanding too. The YMCA of Southern Interior BC has a child care growth plan that currently operates 13 child care locations, serves over 500 families and is on target to serve up to 900 families by building and opening several more child care centers over the next few years. Are you passionate about the development, wellbeing, and education of children of all ages and do you feel that you can provide leadership and support to multiple programs, educators, and professional staff in the areas of Early Years and School Aged Child Care? If you find this exciting, then we want to hear from you!
If the following sounds like a good day at work, then this job might be for you!
– The Child Care Manager oversees and ensures smooth day-to-day departmental operations and provides effective leadership, creating a positive work environment where employees feel empowered, valued, and excited
– Provide management and leadership to a variety of licensed child care programs – focusing most on Preschool, Infant-Toddler care, Full Day 3-5 care, Before and After school Care, and Licensed Summer Camps while adhering to applicable YMCA policy and procedures, licensing regulations, legal requirements, and YMCA curriculum standards.
– Supports the implementation of Child Care programs and services to meet the commitments and targets set in the Association’s annual operating plan; entails the management of program budgets, and other special projects, while ensuring all programs operate at maximum capacity.
– Provides leadership, training, and direction to Child Care employees and volunteers, to ensure the various YMCA curriculums, and best practices are consistently maintained in the programs. Working in ratio with children to support development and learning.
– Directly communicates with families and through coaching, supports employees to resolve problems and negotiate solutions with families, as well as employee issues.
– Works independently, making decisions and executing work with minimal support, in an environment with many urgent and competing priorities.
– Participates in YMCA of Southern Interior BC philanthropic opportunities through volunteerism initiatives.
We’d love to hear from people with:
– Minimum 3 years of experience in people management in either licensed child care, child development, or a community/social services program that also includes budgetary/fiscal management.
– Current Early Childhood Education and Infant Toddler or Special Needs certification
– Valid BC ECE License to Practice
– Drivers license is required (mileage is compensated)
– Must have current First Aid Certification – CPR-C or willingness to obtain
– Commitment to Mission, Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values of the YMCA of Southern Interior BC.
– Service Orientated: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s YMCA experience. Creates action plans to resolve any service gap areas.
– Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interactions, listens attentively, and communicates effectively to create an open communication environment. Share information, best practices, and resources with colleagues.
The YMCA’s Commitment to Trust, Safety and Equality:
As part of a trusted charitable organization, you can expect to receive excellent services and safety training throughout your YMCA career. As the first step in your journey, you will be required to:
– Provide 3 references of a professional nature (Ex. employer, supervisor, colleague, teacher, coach, etc.)
– Provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date. The YMCA will provide applicable instructions and paperwork.
The YMCA of Southern Interior BC is an equity employer and encourages applications from all individuals who may contribute to the diversity of our workplace. This includes persons with diverse abilities, persons of color and ethnicity, Indigenous persons (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit), and people of all sexual orientations and genders.
If your application results in OR you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or religious exemption.
Position: YMCA – Manager, Child Care
Location: 1650 Gallagher Rd, Kelowna, BC V1P 1G7