YMCA of Okanagan: Beyond the Bell Supervisor
The Opportunity: Out of School Program Leader – Beyond the Bell, West Kelowna
Do you want to be part of a dedicated team that provides best-in-class care and programming for families in the Okanagan?
Are you energetic, personable, resourceful and well organized with strong inter-personal skills?
Do you want to collaborate to achieve an educational, nurturing, and safe environment for children?
If the following sounds like a good day at work, then this job might be for you!
- Reporting directly to the Manager Childcare Programs and Quality Assurance the Supervisor of the Beyond the Bell is a key team member to the Child Care Department.
- Other Supervisor duties will include direct leadership of staff and children, supervision, program planning, safety, licensing and working directly with children in grades 1-6.
- Operate the center within the Y’s child behavior management guidelines
- Build healthy relationships with children, parents, teachers, Principals, landlords and other Y colleagues
- Prepare high quality weekly program plans incorporating the Y values of Caring, Responsibility, Honesty and Respect.
- Include lots of fun, play-based educational programming for Club Days
- Be a play partner and enjoy interacting with children ages 5-12
- Actively participate in Association initiatives involving the Strong Kids Campaign and other educational and promotional initiatives of the Association
- Ensure safety and supervision are implemented and maintained according to provincial licensing requirements and standards at all times.
- The hours of this position will be Monday to Friday from 11:30-5:30 pm and will include staff meeting/training additional hours will be given for administration time. Possible extra hours working on earlier dismissal days, pro days, Christmas/ Spring break and in our other Out of School Care programs and summer care camps.
- Start date is August 31, 2020
- 30 hours per week
We’d love to hear from people with:
- First Aid certificate CPR level B or C
- Must be 19 years of age (as per Provincial licensing standards)
- Completed Responsible Adult Certification – *Paid educational opportunities may be available for necessary certifications
- Minimum 20 hours of professional development relating to children’s health, nutrition, safety, development and/or guidance
- Valid Class 4 Operator’s License considered an asset
The YMCA’s Commitment to Trust and Safety:
As part of a trusted charitable organization, you can expect to receive excellent services and safety training throughout your YMCA career. As the first step in your journey, you will be required to:
- Provide 3 references of a professional nature (e.g. Employer, Supervisor or Colleague)
- Provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than [six (6) months] preceding your start date. The YMCA will provide applicable instructions and paperwork.
Position: YMCA of Okanagan: Beyond the Bell Supervisor
Category: Responsible Adult
Location: West Kelowna