YMCA Okanagan – Preschool ECE
Are you looking for a career that will provide growth and advancement? The YMCA of Okanagan participates in the BC Wage Enhancement program.
Do you want to be part of a dedicated team that provides best-in-class care and programming for families in the Okanagan
Would you like to gain hands-on work experience while continuing your education and skill building?
Do you want to collaborate to achieve an educational, nurturing, and safe environment for children?
Do you have a big heart that wants to help shape little hearts and minds?
If the following sounds like a good day at work, then this job might be for you!
– Plan, implement, lead, and evaluate specific expectations of curriculum to ensure YMCA Playing To Learn curriculum is maintained
– Guide, coach, and provide feedback to educators during program times
– Support and deal with sensitive member family experiences and situations, children’s behaviors
– Actively participate in programs with children, while being able to coordinate care and meet the demands of staff, children, and families
– Establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships
– Actively ensure licensing standards and safety standards are maintained for all child care settings and outings
– Monitor and support children with difficult behaviors and coach staff accordingly
– Actively participate and promote philanthropy through YMCA Association initiatives, including the Strong Kids Campaign and other events (i.e. Healthy Kids Day)
– Execute behaviour care plans, utilizing a child-centered approach by engaging parents and educators and other YMCA staff
– Assist with the development of staff
We’d love to hear from people with:
– Early Childhood Educator License to Practice*
– First Aid certificate
– Must be 19 years of age
– 1-year experience working with children
– Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook and Excel
*Paid educational opportunities may be available for Early Childhood Educator Diploma with Advanced Certifications in Infant Toddler and/or Supported Development
The YMCA’s Commitment to Trust, Safety and Equality:
As part of a trusted charitable organization, you can expect to receive excellent services and safety training throughout your YMCA career. As the first step in your journey, you will be required to:
– Provide 3 references of a professional in nature (e.g. Employer, Supervisor or Colleague)
– Provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than 6) months preceding your start date. The YMCA will provide applicable instructions and paperwork.
The YMCA of Okanagan is is an equity employer and encourages applications from all individuals who may contribute to the diversity of our workplace. This includes persons with diverse abilities, all persons of color including Black and Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, and Inuit), and people of all sexual orientations and genders.
For more details and to apply online please visit https://ymcaokanagan.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=125Application Dates: 02/10/2021 - 03/10/2021
Position: YMCA Okanagan – Preschool ECE
Location: 375 Hartman Rd.