YMCA – School Age Program Leader
Are you looking for a career that will provide growth and advancement?
Do you want to be part of a dedicated team that provides best-in-class care and programming for families in the Okanagan?
Would you like to gain hands-on work experience while continuing your education and skill building?
Do you want to collaborate to achieve an educational, nurturing, and safe environment for children?
If the following sounds like a good day at work, then this job might be for you!
– Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Program Leader, OOSC is a key member of the Child Care team that operates six out of school care and three early years programs for more than 320 community families
– The Program Leader, OOSC leads, supervises, ensures safety and plan programs for the Y’s Out of School Care program while also instilling the Y’s core values of caring, respect, responsibility and honesty.
– Leads high quality program planning, incorporating the Y’s values
– Maintains safety and supervision in accordance with provincial licensing requirements and standards
– Builds healthy relationships with children, parents, and colleagues
– Actively interacts with children ages 5-12 as a play partner and homework helper
– Supports implementation of play based educational programming, including interactive play, literacy, mathematics, science, building, drama, games, team building, daily physical activity, and sports
– Participates in YMCA of Okanagan community initiatives such as Strong Kids Campaign, Healthy Kids Day, etc.
– Actively participate and promote philanthropy through YMCA Association initiatives, including the Strong Kids Campaign and other events
Start Date: ASAP
Part-time 20 hours per week M-F 2:00pm to 6:00pm and the possibility of more hours
We’d love to hear from people with:
– First Aid certificate CPR level B or C
– Must be 19 years of age (as per Provincial licensing standards)
– Minimum 20 hours of professional development relating to children’s health, nutrition, safety, development and/or guidance
– Valid Class 4 Operator’s License considered an asset
The YMCA’s Commitment to Trust and Safety:
As part of a trusted charitable organization, you can expect to receive excellent services and safety training throughout your YMCA career. As the first step in your journey, you will be required to:
– Provide 3 references of a professional nature (e.g. Employer, Supervisor or Colleague)
– Provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than [six (6) months] preceding your start date. The YMCA will provide applicable instructions and paperwork.
Position: YMCA – School Age Program Leader
Location: 375 Hartman Rd.