The CCRR program is funded by the province of British Columbia to improve the quality and accessibility of child care in our community. CCRR programs provide support, resources and referrals for care providers and families, all with a focus of supporting the healthy development of children and families. We are the host organization for the Kelowna Child Care Resource & Referral Program.
Choosing Child Care for Your Child
Finding care for your child is one of the most important decisions you’ll make as a parent. The process can be daunting and labour intensive but rest assured all the time you spend finding that right fit is worth it. When children and parents are happy with their child care arrangements they are less likely to feel stress in other parts of their lives. Children can build strong relationships with their care providers and develop and grow in a safe and loving environment with their peers while parents can relax knowing their child is well cared for and thriving in an educational environment.
Top 5 Questions to Ask Prospective Childcare Providers
- Are you licensed under the Community Care and Assisted Living Act/Child Care Licensing Regulation? If you are not licensed, are you registered with the local Child Care Resource & Referral Program?
- How many children do you care for and what are their ages?
- What are your hours of operation? What days are you closed?
- What do you do with the children over a typical day/week?
- What are your fees? Is there a wait list fee? If there is a wait list fee, is it refundable?
Affordable Child Care Benefit
We can help you find information about Affordable Child Care Benefit, available to help low income families in BC. The funding helps families with the cost of child care.
For support completing the Affordable Child Care Benefit application, please visit our office or call: (250) 762-3536
Program of the BC Provincial Government
- Finding child care
- Applying for your BCEID (needed for online applications)
- Filling in the online application
- Photocopying/scanning supporting documents needed
- Uploading documents