Many of your contacts will probably be through “word of mouth”. When beginning your business, you may accept many part-time children.
- Develop a marketing plan that demonstrates your professionalism to families.
- Place an advertisement in your local community paper.
- Produce business cards, a flyer or a poster to put on notice boards in laundromats, shopping centers, churches, or wherever families may be involved.
- Develop a visible presence in your community
- Contact other child care centers in your neighbourhood and explain that you have openings
- Contact your local CCRR
- Talk with prospective families, and tell them what makes your family child care unique.